« Back to About
Engage Print, a commercial printing company located just south of the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro area, is looking for a motivated individual to join our sales team. We offer a wide range of services, including offset, digital and large format printing. With over 45 years in the business, our team takes pride in providing exceptional service, quality products and excellent value to our customers.
As a print consultant, you will be expected to grow our client base by prospecting new clients, while developing and maintaining relationships with existing clients. You will be responsible for advising clients about their options, helping them find ways to utilize print solutions to reach their goals and managing their jobs throughout the production process. You must be able to:
- Grow print volume by building relationships with current and prospective clients.
- Research and qualify accounts that best align with our services and products.
- Develop and maintain strong client relationships with customers that represent long-term earning potential.
- Understand the needs of customers and help them identify solutions.
- Serve clients with the highest degree of professionalism.
Responsibilities and Expectations
- Prospect potential customers and establish new accounts.
- Sell company capabilities to new and established customers.
- Maintain and expand annual profitable sales to assigned customers.
- Develop relationships with customers who show long term potential sales growth.
- Maintain customer relations and customer satisfaction to company standards.
- Assist customers with job planning by offering creative ideas and recommendations for design, format, paper selection and finishing options.
- Manage job production by obtaining job specifications in complete detail, identifying clear proof and delivery due dates, and communicating accurate and realistic schedules to the customer based on production requirements.
- Enter job specifications into the company software system for estimating and production management.
- Provide customers with accurate price estimates, including advising the customer of charges for alterations and providing updated estimates if job specifications change.
- Maintain ongoing communication with both the customer and shop personnel while work is in progress, keeping both sides informed of changes or new information affecting production, and ensuring all work is accurate and meets company and customer standards.
- Review proofs of your customers’ jobs to ensure accuracy and quality; send proofs to customers and facilitate change requests, approvals and press checks, as required.
- Attend scheduled meetings and training sessions, including meeting regularly with the sales team to report on progress and strategize about ongoing sales efforts.
- Analyze and report on quotes lost to inform future strategies.
- Maintain appropriate logs and receipts, including call records, time usage, expenses and customer profile information.
Qualified candidates must:
- Be highly self-motivated, detail oriented and quality conscious.
- Be able to work independently and take responsibility for their results.
- Exhibit empathy for customers and be committed to understanding their problems and needs.
- Display a strong work ethic and tenacity for reaching sales goals.
- Demonstrate the ability to multitask and to adapt as requirements change.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Exhibit professional phone techniques.
- Possess adequate typing, computer and math skills.
- Be a team player.
- Embrace the values of integrity, excellence and success.
Helpful attributes include:
- Aptitude for sales and networking.
- Knowledge of marketing and sales techniques.
- A basic understanding of print processes.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- A good sense of design and color.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred.
Pay structure is a base salary plus commission.
Please submit your résumé and cover letter to Dan Neuger at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 507.645.4421 for more information.